This content is for PREMIUM subscribers only.
- I struggle with creating balance in my life and the reason is that when I serve (or work) there is a big part of me (which I’m weeding out) which wants approval, which thinks this is the only way to be loved, seen, heard, or be important in this world. So then when I do not serve, or choose to do something which is for myself and my mind could perceive as selfish (a movie, a massage, a night off for example), I have a feeling of guilt and that I’m not doing the right thing. And from here I swing back and forward between two extremes. This all makes it very hard for me to clearly hear what God is asking me to do in each moment — there is a lot in the way; a lot of self-judgment. How do I most quickly balance out?
- My life, on the outside, seems great. I have plenty of money, cars, a nice house, a beautiful wife and children, and yet I am still unhappy, something is missing. I have tried meditation, yoga, read spiritual books, and while all of that was helpful, it is still not enough. What should I do?
- I have a hard time quieting my mind. What do You suggest?
- My desire to find a partner seems overwhelming to me. I have never been very good at meeting people, and have had only two romantic relationships in my life. I try to be detached about it, but I find myself thinking about it all the time. I am starting to find the rest of my life dissatisfying and irritating because I want a partner so bad. Should I just give up and be single forever? How can I meet people when I am not the most social person? I don’t even want to meditate anymore because I feel so frustrated. Can You help me?
- My parents believe that I am going to burn in hell because I do not share their religious beliefs. They believe it so much that they cry and lose sleep over it. This is obviously difficult for me as well, but my question is: is there a way to help them not worry so much about me, to comfort them without trying to change their minds? In general how do You deal with people who have these types of beliefs?