This content is for PREMIUM subscribers only.
- I just found out that my boss is cheating another employee by paying him less than the other employees doing the same job. This employee does not know he is being cheated, but I know for a fact that he is having financial difficulties. Should I say something, even if speaking up means that I could lose my job? I have been vegan for several years, however recently I began eating dairy, eggs, and fish occasionally. I know you advocate a vegan diet, and I still believe that veganism is best for the planet, and as a result I have lingering guilt in the back of my mind that I am not doing the right thing. The main reason I began to eat these things again is because I have been having cravings, and I missed them; there was no medical reason for me to change. Should I go back to being vegan? Have I made the wrong decision?
- I have heard some spiritual teachers speak about the need for one to be desireless and to rid oneself of all desires, and others say that in order to merge with God one must be consumed with desire for God. I am not sure what to make of this apparent contradiction. Can You please help me to understand?
- My parents are strict Evangelical Christians and I was raised to share their worldview, which I have abandoned in my adult years. My parents have struggled to accept my new worldview, after much conflict and pain strained our relationship on both sides, however, I find myself having great difficulty accepting their worldview, and find myself with a “chip on my shoulder.” Every news story where a Christian says something that I view as ignorant or hateful, brings up these old wounds and a lot of rage and anger. Things have become so bad that I cringe when I hear the name Jesus, despite my conscious awareness that Jesus was a good man whose life and teachings I have no issue with. How can I heal these painful wounds?
- I am young and struggling to find my purpose in life. I have a hard time knowing which direction to go. I feel that there are many things that appeal to me, but I don’t know which way to go. What should I do?
- My best friend recently told me that I need to be true to myself. After thinking about it, I have no idea how to do that. I’m a happily married mother of two grown children and a grandmother to three grandchildren. I take time for myself, love my husband and family, but I have always felt like something was missing.