This content is for PREMIUM subscribers only.
- I have been struggling in relationships and have struggled to trust and believe in finding the right partner? What steps can I do to avoid unnecessary, toxic partners? Also, what do I need to do to be the best me even if I am single?
- I have been doing spiritual practices for the last three years, but I don’t feel any improvement. Why? What am I doing wrong?
- How do I find peace when my cousin is cheating his company by stealing, repeatedly cheating on his wife and abusing his kids, while acting like a successful family-oriented man. I think his business is in decline and very soon they’ll be in hardship. The same situation occurred with his father years ago wherein my own father stepped in to bail them out when they financially blew themselves up, by gifting them an apartment. There was no thankfulness there and instead I heard them say that it was my late father’s duty to help out as a brother, and that my late father was a miser, hurtful comments made by these people despite what my father did for them. I’ve completely stopped talking to these so-called “family” members and keep to myself. It’s an out-of-control, slow motion crash happening right in front of my very own eyes and I can foresee this tragedy while the others can’t. Any perspective that can be offered would be wonderful as this subject deeply affects me. It’s good in a way because it helps uncover deep seated anger. Yes I do get thoughts like I’ve got to take these people to court and teach them a lesson of their lives but realize it’s all anger. Deeply, I still love this family very much but feel angry.
- Recently I have lost my job, and have had difficulty in finding new work. Some of the difficulty lies in me having not wanted to work at all, and some of the difficulty was not feeling motivated. I have not been very consistent with my search, and I have been in denial about this topic as well. Several months have gone by, and I haven’t really found myself able to do my best with looking for work, despite my intellectually knowing that I am worthy, and capable of doing this. Now I am now facing losing my current place of residence, and have made more pushes in the positive direction, yet I also feel like it is too little too late. This has been a recurring theme of my life, and has manifested itself in other areas such as school and relationships in the past as well. I have heard similar questions on topics such as this, and I feel like I understand it conceptually, yet, I also feel that something is still missing. Would you please help me understand what exactly is going on, and how best to handle this issue?
- Because I’m unemployed, I am currently living with my parents. I am 40, but my mother treats me as if I am an 8-year-old boy. Among other things, she forbids me to leave the house without her permission and considers my room to be a mess she must clean if even a single book is out of place on my desk. I believe my mother has obsessive-compulsive disorder. I have told her this and recommended she get herself evaluated. She refuses to listen, even after I gave her a month’s worth of examples illustrating which of her actions meet the criteria. I want to remain sane as I try to find employment and a way out of her house. Have you any suggestions?