This content is for PREMIUM subscribers only.
- I feel a strong sense of obligation to help others, and I frequently do so until I am exhausted, which leaves me feeling dumped on and resentful. I notice this in my personal relationships and at work. I am desperate for a vacation, but my obligations keep preventing me from taking one. I feel that I am at the end of my rope and I see no way out. How can I manage these obligations better.
- Can you please explain what effects alcohol have on one’s spiritual practices? Let us say that a person has a few glasses of wine in the evening and then meditates the next morning, how does that effect the meditation? How does drinking alcohol effect one’s aura? Can one “attract” demons and negative energies by drinking a lot of alcohol? Lastly, do you bring “the energy of the alcohol” into your home after drinking a few drinks outside the home?
- I frequently become uncomfortable when given affection. I also feel uncomfortable receiving compliments. How can I overcome this awkwardness?
- A close friend of mine has a partner who has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer. She has been having chemotherapy for at least three weeks now, possibly four. I shared with my friend about the power of self-forgiveness to aid healing, and how seeing a psychologist had helped me with my own healing. My friend resonated with both of those suggestions and thought it would be good if I spoke to his partner in a casual way about them. I am wondering if You could suggest other modalities of healing that You think may help her? She came to me in a dream last night and was interested in my help, so I am aware that this could be a great opportunity to help her.
- I am very lethargic in the morning, and find it difficult to wake up, no matter how much I have slept. I have been this way my entire life. Because of this, I find it difficult to meditate in the mornings as You have suggested. What should I do?