This content is for PREMIUM subscribers only.
- I find it easiest to connect with God when I’m alone. When I’m around people, I find I get distracted and lose the depth of my connection. Why does this happen and how do I foster the same connection with God I feel when I’m alone when I’m with people all the time without becoming introverted or ignoring the people around me?
- Why is “cleanliness next to Godliness?” What is the importance of keeping things clean (e.g. your body, clothes, environment, etc)? How does this effect your spiritual progress?
- What was Your daily practice, mental attitude, focus, etc., during Your process of spiritual awakening that was most beneficial to Your Enlightenment?
- Besides meditation, how should one approach daily circumstances and situations to help them overcome victim consciousness?
- How do I know if I am making spiritual progress?
- Can You please speak about the role our guardian angels and other spirit guides play in our life? Who are our angels and guides? How can I get to know them? How can I further develop and deepen my relationship with them?
- I have a hard time losing weight, and have struggled with my body image throughout my life. I don’t like the way I look and it seems the more I try to lose weight the worse I feel about myself. When I work on my feelings about myself and loving myself more, I can’t lose weight. Is there a healthy way to go about losing weight, and addressing my negative self-perceptions at the same time?
- I have a friend or two on anti depressants and they have a hard time dealing with their emotions. Can You please give some insight into pro’s and con’s of taking such medication?
- I have heard You speak that “gratitude is the highest form of prayer.” Can You please speak about how complaining affects us, in comparison to being in gratitude?
- I had a dream which You were in, Pranananda. It was my habit at that time to sleep each night with a recording of Your guided meditation “The Everlasting Covenant” playing. What happened was, that in a dream or some other altered state I saw You in the room with me and You were going to speak “The Everlasting Covenant” with me, when suddenly I realized that the recording playing was making it difficult to hear what You were saying as You stood in the room. I panicked and jumped up from my bed. You reassured me everything was ok and told me to lie down again, and that was the last thing I remember. So my question is, is it ideal to play such a recording continuously through the night? Every night?
- When I moved into Your ashram I was young and I had not even mastered basic living skills. As I have grown as a person and learned things at the ashram, at my day jobs, or just through life, I am finally starting to see that I have things to offer: knowledge, wisdom, ideas, etc. What I am having difficultly with now is now that I feel I have a voice, I have been sharing my ideas and opinions, and where I used to blindly do what I was asked, I’m starting to say “Hey, actually I don’t agree with that,” or, “What about doing it this way?” So there has been a pendulum swing… and now I often don’t want to keep my mouth closed and just obey if there is something I don’t agree with. How do I find mastery here, honoring the input I have to offer while developing the Divine trait of obedience?
- Often times I feel really lazy. When I feel like this, I don’t perform my tasks on time, I don’t keep my home clean, and it has often had negative effects on my job as well. I know I shouldn’t act this way, but often times I just don’t care about life and can’t be bothered to get things done. Can You help me understand why I pursue this behaviour when I know it isn’t good for me?
- What is seva? How do I benefit from performing seva?
- I love coming to Your events, and I want to give back something, but I don’t have any extra money. Is there another way I can give back?
- I have met several Masters and have been given several different spiritual practices that I enjoy very much. I feel drawn to Your teachings and would like to become more involved with You. Do my existing spiritual practices conflict with Your teachings? Would I have to give them up to live in Your ashram?